The Mazeway Project is moving forward confidently with these goals in mind:
1. Introduce Map Your Life, Social Mapping, and Meta Visioning processes to the curricula of the majority of colleges and universities. And, after simplifying the processes, get the processes added to the programs of the majority of high schools and grade schools.
2. Sponsor workshops and forums that encourage educational institutions to add the courses to their curricula.
3. Offer Mazeway Project workshops and forums for adults in community-based settings, including community centers and adult education programs.
4. Participate in a longitudinal research initiative that tracks the effects of the courses on the lives of students who had taken them and on institutions that may be influenced by them.
5. Extend the reach of The Mazeway Project to the whole world by fully developing and effectively orchestrating the Mazeway Network.
While The Mazeway Project will not require tall buildings, it will require funding if it is to satisfy those five goals. I am confident we will receive adequate support from philanthropists who realize that it may not matter how many well-intentioned initiatives there may be to treat the symptoms of or help enhance any part of the system. Unless humankind addresses the basic cause of its systemic condition, we will continue to endure a highly problematic existence.
Fortunately, we are now in a position to address the phenomenon of conceptual imprisonment, the basic cause of humankind’s systemic condition, because (a) conceptual imprisonment has been clearly defined, and (b) we know what can be done about it.
Furthermore I believe, if the courses do become an integral part of systems of imparting knowledge, it would soon be discovered that an emphasis on empowerment and freedom from illusions, prejudices, self-limiting ideologies, and other forms of conceptual imprisonment would lead to profound enlightenment and development of individuals in our society and beyond. We would be spawning a mental revolution and, ultimately, a global “we the people” social movement that will change our way of living in the world – a ground-up way that is creative, joyful, and peaceful — a way that would lead to the cure of humankind’s systemic condition. While entrenched institutions will be resistant, they will gradually change and more effectively serve the best interests of humankind because great masses of unified followers will have become aware of what is possible and what to demand of themselves and of institutions in an open-ended, self-catalyzing, and self-cleansing manner.
S U G G E S T E D N E X T : Mazeway Network