To fulfill the promise of The Mazeway Project, the vision is to create a Mazeway Center in a university setting. Its functions would include:
- Continue the development of the Life Mapping, Social Mapping, and MetaVisioning courses.
- Determine the best approach to incorporating the courses within college curricula and promote cross-discipline and cross-institutional collaborations.
- Adapt the mapping and visioning processes for use in high school and elementary school programs.
- Sponsor workshops and forums that encourage other educational institutions to add the courses to their curricula.
- Offer Mazeway Project workshops and forums for adults in community-based settings, including community centers and adult education programs.
- Participate in a longitudinal research project that tracks the effects of the courses on the lives of students who had taken them and on institutions that may be influenced by them.
- Create a Mazeway Network, using the Internet to enable individuals and small groups anywhere on the planet to share and talk about the Mazeway processes.
Fortunately, we are now in a position to address the basic cause of humankind’s systemic condition — the phenomenon of conceptual imprisonment. We can address it because (a) conceptual imprisonment has been clearly defined, and (b) we know what can be done about it.
SUGGESTED NEXT: Book Reviews