Yes, we can fulfill our best possibilities as individuals, as societies, and as a species. While it is a challenging objective, I believe we have the capacity to understand the significance of the primary cause of humankind’s highly problematic existence, and what we can do about it. Here’s a summary of what I mentioned earlier regarding how we can deal with the obscure, debilitative phenomenon of conceptual imprisonment.
- The most precious asset we possess as human beings is our consciousness. How it is shaped, how we are oriented on this planet largely determines the outcome of our life’s journey.
- Unfortunately, we are not informed or it is not emphasized that we are programmable beings whose orientation is shaped by programs encoded on our consciousness by prevailing institutions around which we happen to be situated – governments, schools, religions, etc.
- We are not encouraged to question the programs advanced by prevailing institutions. Instead, we are encouraged to follow them faithfully.
- The programs advanced by prevailing institutions have not been sufficiently coherent, moral, and universal to orient humankind in a manner that inspires us to move forward together meaningfully, joyfully, and peacefully.
- Instead, the programs advanced have led and continue to lead to illusions, prejudices, self-limiting ideologies, and other forms of conceptual imprisonment that diminish us as individuals, separate us into warring camps, and perpetuate the endless cycle of misadventures, destruction, and despair that humankind endures.
- Because we are not encouraged to challenge the programs of prevailing institutions and the manner in which they are orchestrated, most of us remain imprisoned.conceptually.
However formidable the combination of those six factors may be, I have no doubt that the Life Mapping, Social Mapping, and MetaVisioning processes provide a strategy that will free and empower us to transcend them. Those open-ended, self-catalyzing, self-cleansing processes will encourage us to work together to form groups and communities that show respect for one another’s individuality and for the cultural diversity of humankind. Genuine empathy that leads to civil, truth-seeking, social spaces within which we can more readily access our inherent moral and creative sensibilities – sensibilities that will help: (a) unite rather than divide us into warring camps; (b) generate love, compassion, charity, and hope, rather than hatred, indifference, greed, and despair; and (c) realize that, however culturally diverse humans may be on this planet, we are one species of conscious beings on a developmental journey together in the mazeway.
S U G G E S T E D N E X T : Book Reviews or see “About Us” below